Now that Santa has delivered these little fellas to their new owners and they are safely in Nebraska, thought I would share a little of my process and their progression….
- On cradled panel, I put down base layers of blue vintage ledger paper and some layers of encaustic clear and colored paint
2. Then they started getting some lines and dots (and dots within dots)
3. And more layers, and more lines and dots…
4. And gave the final top layer’s dots some silver highlights! (ignore the weird blue shadow from my phone)
5. I spent about an hour afterwards trying to figure out the best order and orientation for them, but I finally came up with one that felt right (until I changed my mind about 15 minutes later, of course.)
6. Framed them up, and voila!